windows 10 error code 0xc0000225

Thread: windows 10 error code 0xc0000225

windows 10 error code 0xc0000225

I have an asus x200ca laptop and it is not booting correctly. i can go into startup options screen and boot it with malware disabled. The error code I am getting is 0x0000225 it says my system needs to be repaired. I do not have a boot disk is there any way I can fix this so the system boots normally. I am doing this post from the computer, but only with malware detection disaqbled.

Your PC needs to be repaired error on Windows 10
    Your PC needs to be repaired

This error is received when a critical system file is missing or has become corrupted. It could also happen, when the Boot Configuration file BCD is missing some required information or has become corrupted. You can even see this message when you are upgrading to a higher version of Windows. The error codes mentioned, could vary from 0x0000098, 0xc000000f, 0xc0000034, 0xc0000225, 0xc000014C, etc. You can use the error code to find out the reason your computer will not work.

For instance here are what some of the the error codes stand for:
    • 0xc000000f – An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data
    • 0xc000014C – The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors
    • 0xc0000225 – Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible
    • 0x0000098, 0xc0000034 – Boot Configuration Data file missing required information or does not contain a valid OS entry.

The error message will usually include the suggestion that you will need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like DVD or USB to repair and recover your Windows installation.
    (Hopefully this error isn't due to a flaky/dying/dead hard drive).

You can use Windows 10 installation media to attempt to "Repair your computer". On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10 installation media on DVD or USB. Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC. On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from the drive containing your installation media. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again). More info here: Windows.Microsoft.com > Recovery options in Windows 10
    --
    Doc
    ___________Microsoft Safety & Security Center___________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Your PC needs to be repaired error on Windows 10

(Hopefully this error isn't due to a flaky/dying/dead hard drive).

You can use Windows 10 installation media to attempt to "Repair your computer". On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10 installation media on DVD or USB. Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC. On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from the drive containing your installation media. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again). More info here: Windows.Microsoft.com > Recovery options in Windows 10
    Same error code here. Thanks SpywareDr for your post. I tried your solution but still no luck. Unless there's anything anyone else knows what I can try to fix I guess I'll have to send it off for repairs. I hate doing that though as lots of my work is on there.

What is the specs of your PC? Have you run the onboard diagnostics to determine if or what hardware may be failing? Before sending it out to be repaired, you may want to consider pulling the drive and attaching it to another PC and backing up your data if you can access it.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Can you see the Hard Drive listed in the CMOS/BIOS Setup?

--

Specs: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X200CA/specifications/
    Last edited by SpywareDr; March 19th, 2016 at 09:02 AM.
    --
    Doc
    ___________Microsoft Safety & Security Center___________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal