[RESOLVED] integrated sound and dos

Thread: [RESOLVED] integrated sound and dos

marvin452

Resolved [RESOLVED] integrated sound and dos

I have a pc with intergreated sound (intel810) can I get sound with old dos games requiring a sounblaster card?
    cheers.

StevePorter

Question

There are several versions of the Intel 810 motherboard. Specifically which one do you have? Try finding your sound drivers here...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

marvin452

I have a microstar ms-6183 ver 1 if that helps.I must admit to being computer ignorant.I have soundmax drivers installed and have no problems in windows.I have some old dos games which specify soundblaster audio and wondered if I could get sorted.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marvin452:
    I have a microstar ms-6183 ver 1 if that helps.I must admit to being computer ignorant.I have soundmax drivers installed and have no problems in windows.I have some old dos games which specify soundblaster audio and wondered if I could get sorted.</font>
    The games that specify soundblaster will usually work on soundblaster compatible. If you installed the drivers correctly you will have lines that load the drivers in your Autoexec.bat and you may have a legacy driver listed in you device mangler. You might have to run sound setup in the games and change some addresses but you should be able to get it to go.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!