[RESOLVED] Easy note vx sound W2K

Thread: [RESOLVED] Easy note vx sound W2K

geoffss

Resolved [RESOLVED] Easy note vx sound W2K

Anobody has founded the sound drivers of the notebook Packard Bell Easy note vx 6012c??

Model number: P210003913 from manufacturer 'nec'.

I search the WIN2000 driver, but it is mission impossible to find it.

Darren Wilson

If it is the Yamaha sound chip that is included with your Notebook then this is the link to get the WDM drivers for it for 98 & 2000

http://support.packardbell-europe.co...UP02120100.asp

In fact it is the only sound chip driver listed under the VX series of PB notebooks.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

FLAMERS

geoffss

Thanx.

But after unzipping it, you can see that it is the NT4 driver. And when you try to install it with Win2000, it doesn't work.

Darren Wilson

Strange that. According to PB's website it is the WDM drivers for 98 & 2000 for the Yamaha sound chip. The filename should be YacxgWDM.exe which indicates that these are the WDM drivers that are compliant with 98, ME & 2000.

I have just downloaded them and had a look, and the readme file doesn't mention Win2k nad makes reference to NT4.x but the actual INF file makes references to 98/2K only. I would also think that the actual ZIP file within the ZIP would also need to be extracted to the same folder as the orignal extraction. Although I haven't got the same sound card as you, I went through the manual setup stage of adding the driver and it found the Yamaha XG driver no problems. Normally if the driver is for another OS it will state no driver found.

I would give them another go as these are the only drivers available from PB for your notebook for a sound device.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net

FLAMERS

WOW!
    Darren Wilson, cool answer!

------------------
    I do, I have my own UBB... in Hebrew

geoffss

Sorry. I thing that I probably not have the yamaha YMF752-S Audio chip on my notebook. Windows 2000 say that this driver isn't written for my hardware.

Problem is that I haven't the manual. So I can't know which sound card I have.

I'm desapointed with this notebook that can play dvd and can't play any sound...

Darren Wilson

According to the PB support site, the EasyNote VX is supplied with only the Yamaha sound chip ( http://www.packardbell.co.uk/product...artner=pentium ).

The message that Win2k gives you that the driver isn't written for your hardware occurs 9/10 times when you install drivers for hardware, that Microsoft hasn't given a signature to. It doesn't mean that the drivers are NOT for the hardware just that MS hasn't signed them as compatiable. As the Notebook is only supplied with the XG chip and the drivers on the Support site are only for this chip, then really there is nothing more that we can suggest here, apart from install Win98 and see what drivers that puts in for the sound card.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net

FLAMERS

geoffss

Yes because this driver doesn't work :/

Thanx for your help