Hey guys,

Been a long time since I've posted here but I'm at my wits end with this one. I saw this issue once before on the previous laptop I worked with but after leaving it running for a long time it eventually "fixed" itself.

Anyways I have an Asus laptop with windows 7 home installed. I was turned off since 2012. Turned it back on recently and it will just sit infinitely checking for windows updates. I've left the machine running for two days and it just spins endlessly.

Ran the "reset windows update" batch file that's accessible elsewhere on the internet that deletes all the softwaredistribution and resets all components and other such stuff. It didn't make a difference. So I also ran the System REadiness update patch thing. It came back with no errors. I can install patches manually myself. I have run the convienice rollup update for windows 7, internet explorer 11, .net 4.6 and a few others. I've installed Steam and installed a game that did the redistrib stuff and directx also seemingly without issue. The computer is running okay but the system will sit using 50 of a processor all the time. I can just disable it but then I'm not getting patched. I'm not sure what else I should be looking at. I am connected wirelessly to my router and my other machines are updating just fine.

Windows update log (that I don't really understand) pasted here:
http://pastebin.com/ePQZeM6Q

arch0n