[RESOLVED] Cant find drivers

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cant find drivers

Ragnark

Angry Cant find drivers

OK...im really gettin tired of not being able to find drivers for my sound card...i reformated my comp and forgot what i had for a sound card...but i went to FCC site and tried there site out and still couldnt find it....the chip is a Conexant...but i still cant find drivers...if you have any info or anything...plz icq me or email me..tks

NooToo

Cool

Ragnark, could you supply all the info you have on that card? With the best will in the world, no one can help you until there is a bit more info than a conexant chip.

List every number you can find on the card and where abouts on the card you found it.

------------------
    Never ever say out loud or even think to yourself near a computer "I'll just do this quickly...."

Conexant bought rockwell or something like that. Try the links on this page. http://www.windrivers.com/script/info.asp?id=698

and here : http://www.windrivers.com/script/Fra...earch=Rockwell

------------------
    Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking!

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!

[This message has been edited by Larommi (edited March 16, 2001).]

Tbag

I have a similar problem that occurred when i had to reformat. I also have conexant/rockwell sound, only I dont have a card, I have integrated sound. I have the disks that are supposed to install the software, but when i add the new hardware my system information never changes, and my sound never works. I downloaded the file that the link above sends you to. That is really close to the driver I need but the program does not recognize my sound... probably becaus it is integrated. I dont have the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of my screen either. HP abandoned me and wont tell me why it wont work.... please help!

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tbag:

HP abandoned me and wont tell me why it wont work.... please help!

</font>
    For HP's drivers go here:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/software.html

Enter the model number of your Pavilion (or whatever) and follow the bouncing ball. Hopefully, you'll find what you're looking for.

Good Luck!
    DonJ

------------------
    Hey, it's all FM to me!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Tbag

Unfortunately I have already been to the HP website, and i even tried to get email assistance. I dont think anyone that works there knows how their computers work. My friend had a similar problem with his Dell, but he called them up and the guy says, yeah i know whats wrong, all you have to do is move this file here and then install the drivers.
    mp3s suck when you have no sound!

Which model of HP do you have? If you follow the link provided above, it will not only take you to the drivers section, there is also a link for Features and Specs. Click on that and then What Ships in the Box...it should tell you what sound card/chip was installed when they shipped it out.

Let us know...Good Luck!
    DonJ

------------------
    Hey, it's all FM to me!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Tbag

Hey!!! I fixed it! I got the latest bios update from HP and i installed it. Then my computer recognized the pci audio device and installed that. Then it magically worked!

edwhite27

I am having trouble findsing drivers for my creative sound card. no, not trouble I can't locate anything about it. The model number is CT4810 by Creative. Can anyone help me locate drivers for this card? Thanks for your time, Ed.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by edwhite27:
    <STRONG>I am having trouble findsing drivers for my creative sound card. no, not trouble I can't locate anything about it. The model number is CT4810 by Creative. Can anyone help me locate drivers for this card? Thanks for your time, Ed.</STRONG>
    I HAVE IT if you want it, your E-mail not working, Go to [email protected] and send me a message, I can then send it to you.