Inbox Repair Tool Fails to Repair Corrupt Outlook Data (.pst) file on Windows 10 PC

Thread: Inbox Repair Tool Fails to Repair Corrupt Outlook Data (.pst) file on Windows 10 PC

Inbox Repair Tool Fails to Repair Corrupt Outlook Data (.pst) file on Windows 10 PC

I have surprised to see that this exe file (scanPST) is not performing at Windows PC while it is a inbuilt Microsoft software. As an alternative, I can go for Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST repair but still wait for discovery of any completely free software.

Please guide me to find a free stuff!

Welcome to WinDrivers JamesAlison. First if I understand correctly, you are saying you have run the Scanpst file to repair the Outlook pst file. What version of Outlook is this? Second, how large is the pst file you are trying to repair? Third, what version of Windows are you running?
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Hi,JamesAlison

The Outlook PST file format is very complex. It starts with a file header containing the meta information of the whole file, followed by several parts containing the actual data. You can find more detailed information about the Outlook PST file format by searching on Google with the keyword “Outlook PST file format”. If the file header containing the meta information is corrupt, or any follow-up parts are damaged or corrupted, then you will not be able to open the file correctly with Outlook. In such a case, the first step is to try to use the built-in repair or recovery function in the Outlook, to see if it can repair or recover corrupted Outlook PST file for you. If not, then you need to resort to a third-party fix Outlook tool to scan the corrupted file and retrieve all recoverable data for you. It is also possible to find a data recovery expert or company to do the task, but in most of the cases, they will also use a third-party tool to do the recovery for you.

The main difference between using the software by yourself and by a third-party service company is:
    (1) The company is familiar with the data recovery industry so he knows which software is the best one. While you need to search and compare the software online by yourself, which is time-consuming.
    (2) The company purchases the software for multiple usages, while you purchase the software for one-time usage only. So normally the service fee may be cheaper than the license fee for the software.
    (3) DIY will keep your data confidential while do the recovery via a company may cause data breach.

If you want to perform a DIY recovery, then you can try the following methods:

First, the Microsoft offical tool scanpst, also called Inbox Repair Tool, can repair the PST file, you can refer the following articles:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/o...010075831.aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227
    https://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

2. If the above method does not work, then you can try DataNumen Outlook Repair at:

https://www.datanumen.com/outlook-repair/

I have used the tool in the past and it helps recovering some valuable data for me. The tool has a free demo so that you can try to see if it works on your file or not before you buy.

Hope this will help. Good Luck!
    Last edited by thomassalvo01; April 8th, 2017 at 02:21 AM.

You can try third party application like stellar, kernel, Datanumen, Aryson Outlook PST Repair tool to easily repair your corrupt PST file and restore corrupt Outlook data successfully.
    (don't do that again)
    Thanks & Regards

RohanWiese
    Last edited by rohanwiese; May 4th, 2019 at 12:25 AM.

PST file recovery successfully recovers more encrypted and password protected Outlook PST files. This software is able to view a preview of recovered files to the user during conversion. This tool gives chance to restored email items to new strong Outlook PST files. I would suggest you must use this software once before purchases any paid software.
    Get more information:
    http://www.bulkecommerce.com/store/a...tware-164.html

I went googling for a possible solution and thinking of any trying automatization way for Outlook 2016 but it seems that only email extraction tool going forward if this is at all related an automatic download. Cuz, initially I was interested in the tool will automatically get the path to the profile and displayed all the folders and subfolders (more than 14 GB of total)
    So what...Except Outlook email migration, PST data conversion, and report generation as it mentioned above I actually needed a to recover few lost emails from the corrupt file in the PST here data extraction kit helped

Regards ZAk
    Last edited by Zak Mistry; May 21st, 2018 at 01:56 AM.

If scanpst.exe fails to repair PST file you can try another third party software which can easily repair PST file and recover Outlook mailboxes.
    Read More- PST Repair Tool

This info was very useful to me.

Hi Zoni,

Sorry for not replying you back. Actually i used Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair to repair my PST file and it solves my problem. However, I was running Outlook 2010 on Windows 2013 and have 14.23gb PST file.

In case if any of your face the corruption in PST file, you can go with PST Repair tool from Stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAlison View Post
    Hi Zoni,

Sorry for not replying you back. Actually i used Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair to repair my PST file and it solves my problem. However, I was running Outlook 2010 on Windows 2013 and have 14.23gb PST file.

In case if any of your face the corruption in PST file, you can go with PST Repair tool from Stellar. But i suggest you to try the demo version first.: https://www.stellarinfo.com/outlook-...e-recovery.php
    Glad to hear you were able to get your problem resolved.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

If the Scanpst.exe has been fail to perform then you have only one option left and that is third party tool. If you are still in the problem or someone else in the same situation then, try SysData Outlook PST Recovery tool. This tool can repair highly corrupt PST file and restore all data again into healthy PST file. The tool is available at free of cost to try and save limited data.

Hi
    If the Outlook PST problem is not solved with Inbox Repair Tool, then first check that the steps are followed easily, and if not then check the following steps to repair Outlook PST File with ScanPST.exe
    Go to the location where Outlook is installed, now browse to the folder for ScanPST.exe
    Open the Inbox Repair Tool
    Add the corrupt PST file in the tool and click on Scan
    The scanning process will begin and it will show the errors in PST
    Click on the button 'Repair' to fix PST errors
    Now, the PST file will be repaired
    If not then scan the PST file again and do it 2 or 3 times to get optimal results