nexxtech nxx400 mouse drivers / software
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nexxtech nxx400 mouse drivers / software

nexxtech nxx400 mouse drivers / software

I recently bought a nexxtech nxx400 mouse, but it didnt come with the software disk, which is required to program a few of the buttons. (it is an 8 button mouse)

well, after contacting nexxtech support, which reffered me to micro innovations support, which never replied. i did some googling and found that some microinnovations devices work with some drivers by a4tech. so i went to their site and looked at thier available options, and they had one 8 button mouse which happens to look identical to this one..so long story short..these drivers work.

http://www.a4tech.com/en/download3.asp?ID=115
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

well thanx fer quick posting delmer..Keep it up.

Hello.

I have the same mouse as you and im having a slight problem with it. It's kind of laggy and it gets jumpy at some point i ordered this mouse from circuitcity.com and i read a review about someone had the same problem as i did he said he got a special mouse pad or something then it stopped i really think it could be driver related. Or something i don't really know whats up with it.

Welcome to Windrivers Top Vicious.

Have you tried delmer's drivers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Top Vicious.

Have you tried delmer's drivers?

Delmer's drivers? no i haven't tryed them i bought a mouse pad the other day and it seems to act kind of wierd its like when i raise the mouse over the pad you know how when u go to the store and the cashier scan the barcode? its kind of like that maybe i need to reset or it or something i remember one feature this mouse had like it scans your desktop to see if you need a mouse pad or not. Maybe i can try and download the Delmer's drivers but i don't know where there located at.

Quote Originally Posted by Top ViciouS
    Delmer's drivers?..Maybe i can try and download the Delmer's drivers but i don't know where there located at.
    Noo means this one :- http://www.a4tech.com/en/download3.asp?ID=115 - from the opening post made by delmer_1 - the link is to files located at a4tech.com for your nexxtech nxx400 mouse, which he thought he'd post as he didn't get a driver disk with his mouse.

when i raise the mouse over the pad
    Well yah it would go screwy then, you are not supposed to do that. Mouses stay on the surface.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ohh yeah i guess i should'nt post when im tired lol its coo i downloaded the drivers and they work only problem is bought a new pad yesterday.

Oh yeah i have a Question i downloaded EVEREST Home edition (its a pretty cool program) and it says that my NXX400 is a right handed mouse im left handed i thought it was both.

Well either Everest is mis reporting, or the mouse is not specifically "handed" and Everest is reporting a default setting or Nexxtech are at fault.

As to the problem of the mouse pad... take it back?

if the mouse is moving in an unusual manner, it generally has a problem with the mousing surface, and a mouse pad should fix that. im using it on a shiny black wooden desk, and it seems to be fine.

as for the mouse being right handed, it is. (see picture below) if you notice the coutours of the mouse are designed to fit your right hand, and there are thumb buttons on the left of the mouse, to be used with the thumb on your right hand. you can use the mouse with your left hand, but it well be more difficult to use all of the buttons.

Last edited by delmer_1; November 19th, 2005 at 08:40 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Well i guess you right about that it is a lil difficult using the left thumb buttons on the mouse. I believe that was a error in EVEREST then cause the software says you can change the keys around for leftys or rightys and on the right side of it where a thumb rest should be its pretty deep it fits kinda comfortably thought.

As for the mouse pad i have a Belkin mouse pad its made of a high quality jersey cloth material. so i guess its just me and i have to get used to the pad. To be honest with you i've never really used a mouse pad probably once or twice when i used to be in high school & middleschool.

when it says you can change the buttons for left or right handed, they mean the two main buttons. you can swap them so that the right button is regular click and the left button is "right click". but that doesnt solve the thumb button problem.

Does anyone know of any alternate drivers? The mouse works just fine, the problem is that it's pretty useless. If connected to the normal mouse port, the extra 3 buttons are completely disabled. If connected to the USB port, they work, but are amazingly limited, and while the side buttons can be bound to some function, they can't be bound to MOUSE 4 & 5 like they're suppost to.

I'm wondering and hoping (against all odds) someone might know of another drive for this, making it... Less useless. (Don't get my wrong, I like Word as much as the next guy, but... Um, I don't need it bound to my mouse)

Did you try the drivers in the first post in this thread? Oh and welcome to Windrivers PsicDark.

by default the thumb buttons are mapped to back / foreward..which are generally what mouse 4 and 5 are. usb is the only way to go if you want this to work right. the application switch is generally worthless for gaming. but if you set the two front buttons to home/end or pageup/pagedown...some games will recognize them. for instance, doom 3 will see mouse 4 and 5 like normal, but no matter what, it doesnt like those two little buttons on the front. but Unreal Tournament 2004, does not recognize mouse 4 and 5, but if you set the two front buttons to home/end, it will recognize those. i wish the software was more like microsofts intellipoint where you can have different button configs for different applications...but it isnt. so when i want to play ut2k4, i set the two thumb buttons to be keytrokes (like backspace and delete) and the two little buttons to home and end. then you can actually use all of the buttons in the game except for the application switch button. as for non gaming functionality, it seems to work well.

before i found the drivers for this, i installed some logitech drivers for their mx518 mouse, hoping i could force it to use those drivers...this didnt work. howerver, i found that once i installed the rigth drivers, i unistalled the logitech drivers and the mouse started acting very strange...it would jump all over teh place. even after a reboot. so i reinstalled those drivers and it works fine again. they wont help the button mapping issues, but if it is moving strangely, try installing those logitech drivers as well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...ontentid=10231