Re-Partition SSD help

Thread: Re-Partition SSD help

Re-Partition SSD help

Not sure if I placed this thread in the right place but here it goes.

About a year ago, I purchased a Sandisk 240GB SSD to complement my existing WD 1TB HDD. Primarily to use the SSD for windows 10 OS only, and the HDD for everything else.
    I connected the SSD as per instructions & used the supplied SSD software to transfer the C: from the HDD to the SSD. All appears to have worked, although I did suspect some anomalies in changes in Partitions.
    However, saying that, everything worked, the PC booted up faster as expected.

Now, I have noticed that the SSD is now full and I am no longer able to receive any updates etc.

I have attached an image of the Disk Management screen for info.

The SSD now has a C: & an E: partition. Why or how this has occurred is still a mystery, but is now my primary issue to resolve.
    Windows 10 is currently working fine on the E: Partition, though would have been nice to use the C: Partition.

The C: is not used in any way whatsoever & appear to contain old Windows back-up files. I have not deleted these files incase I may case some damage which I may not recover.

I have tried to increase the size of the E: using Disk Management & Acronis 11 but both have failed or not given me the option to do so.

The Sandisk software also placed 2 further partitions onto my HDD namely J: & K:. I've never used these partitions & could do with removing them, They both again appear to contain Windows Back-up files.

I did do an upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. However I cannot remember if I did this before or after the SSD was installed.

However, My end game here is to get my SSD re-partitioned so I have only 1 working partition, be it C: (ideally) or E:. I can then sort my HDD partitions thereafter.

A step by step guidance would be much appreciated in order to resolve my SSD issue. Please advise if any further detail is required.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basically you 2 ways you can correct the problem. In order to increase the partition size in E, you would have to have an empty partition to have an empty partition on the drive to use for the re-size. Personally myself, I would backup all my data and wipe the drive and re-partition to the size I needed then install 10 into that partition.
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Thanks Zonie.
    My SSD has 2 partitions. What software could I use to get this SSD back to a singular partition? Can Win 10 do it if I boot from an install disk? Otherwise I'm assuming this needs to be done outside Win 10 o/s. Do I need to change the partition types on the HDD. I don't want to loose any data on my G:, so will back this partition up. Do I need to discon the HDD when I re-partiton the SSD?

Win 10 when installing should allow you to go to the advanced mode to access the hard drive and allow you to delete all partitions then create 1 single partition. Be advised though, there will be another partition created for the recovery but it only uses a small amount, (1-2GB). The HDD should not be connected at the time you are doing this. Only connect after your OS has been installed. Here are 2 videos you can watch to help you out.

1. HERE

2. HERE
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!