General Drivers Question

Thread: General Drivers Question

General Drivers Question

My Windows driver scan says there are no new drivers for certain devices like Chipset and Intel HD Graphics. Yet, third party driver scanners are able to find driver updates. How come?!
    And I do install those updates and my pc does seem to run better so everything is legit.
    Any thoughts?

(I apologize for posting in this thread but I couldn't find General Driver thread, and this one was first on the list.)

1. New drivers does NOT mean better drivers.
    2. If it isn't broken - don't fix it.
    3. Third party companies are more likely to say that to get you to download their files so they can infest your computer.
    U+00BD
    <p>&#x02BC;</p>

code 39: '
    U+02BC: ?
    U+02BC: '

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    1. New drivers does NOT mean better drivers.
    2. If it isn't broken - don't fix it.
    3. Third party companies are more likely to say that to get you to download their files so they can infest your computer.

1. I absolutely agree.
    2. Recent Windows 10 updates have ruined my PC performance and experience. Let me give you just one simple example: Hibernate option is not working after the last update, display turns off but processor and hard drive keep working in the background which drains battery and eventually turns off laptop improperly. Opened files do not get saved, browser tabs get lost unless I restore them etc. All of that caused by broken graphics driver after the forced Windows update, which messed up hibernate option and who knows what else. So it does need a fresh driver, that Windows somehow can't find. Third party driver updater is my last resort in this case, and they do list Graphics driver updates (I've tried several apps that provide driver scanning, they all list an update for my graphics driver.). And guess what, Hibernate option is working again.
    3. Although everything is possible and despite the fact I don't trust online companies, the driver updater I chose is gold certified Microsoft partner so I doubt they are into infesting PCs.

So why Windows driver scanner can't find updates that all of the third party apps can?
    My only guess is that Windows does not have access to the same databases that those apps have.

Any further taughts?

If and when you have a problem with a piece of hardware - manually go the maker of the hardware's website and get drivers directly from them.