[RESOLVED] ASUS CUSL-2 With P3-1Gig

Thread: [RESOLVED] ASUS CUSL-2 With P3-1Gig

only_me

Post ASUS CUSL-2 With P3-1Gig

Here is another strange problem, i have this one system that everytime the user reboots by doing start->shutdown->restart, the computer goes into bios telling him that it didn't restart properly and may be an overclocking issue, the system is not being overclocked. A similar system with a P3-933 chip doesn't do this any idea?

What board CUSL2 [c] etc...

What Bios version?

Resetting the Cmos by using the two solder dots on the MB at times correct this!

-wayne

------------------
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]
    I use The best program that cures Windows problems, Far more reliable than Norton Utilities, It's called FORMAT C:...® [I hate AT&T@home cable service]

Try turning the processor speed down to 933 and see if that makes a difference. Check your temp. Install the most current BIOS.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

disable "fast shutdown", see if that helps
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

There is a Boot issue with CUSL2 and CUSL2-C Most notably CUSL2-C

Just make sure you have Bios version 1003, you can it here; http://cgi.asus.com.tw/products/moth...370.html#cusl2

Is this messege you are getting?

"DURING THE BOOT-UP, YOUR SYSTEM HUNG FOR AN IMPROPER CPU INTERNAL FREQUENCY SETTING. YOUR SYSTEM IS NOW WORKING IN SAFE MODE. TO OPTIMIZE THE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY, MAKE SURE THE CPU INTERNAL FREQUENCY CONFORMS TO THE SPECIFICATIONS OF YOUR CPU."

If so its a Vcore issue, use the jumper settings untill Asus releases a fix!

-wayne

------------------