Older SB Live Value trouble

Thread: Older SB Live Value trouble

Thumbs down Older SB Live Value trouble

I've had this SB Live! Value card for almost two years now. The CD that came with it has drivers (and Live!Ware 2.0) that cause all kinds of BSOD errors. I downloaded from Creative's website the driver updates, but upon installing those drivers, the bundled software ceased to run properly. I uninstalled everything and downloaded Live!Ware 3.0. Everything in peachy-keen now, except I can not use the nifty Creative Recorder or Player programs. I also cannot play MIDI files unless I use the Creative S/W synth, not the hardware A: or B: SB Live! Value in the Control Panel. I don't use the SmartStart toolbar (or whatever that waste of resources is called!) because it is so cumbersome to me. How can I regain use of the Recorder program and how do I get MIDI files to play using the hardware wavetables? I've just been living with it for the past year because I hardly have time to play anymore. Now I have time again, and I would like to fix this.

Lightbulb

I have somewhat of the same problem with my SB Live! Value...I can't play from anything but Creative S/W Synth. I think that has something to do with your Soundfont and what settings you have configured with it. I'm not sure, but you could try that. The MIDI might not also work with Hardware A: or B: depending on what DirectX version you have. When I had DirectX 7.0a (before I had to replace my HDD, and reinstalled everything), I had no problems AND I had Live!Ware v3 with the programs from v2 working fine.

Also, about the bundled programs, simply uninstall EVERYTHING that has to do with your soundcard, and re-install the programs from the Creative CD (Live!Ware v2). Then run the setup for Live!Ware v3 immeadeatly. That should work because I did that and had no problem (except with the MIDI, which is not a big deal).

Anyway, this may or may not work, but it may be worth a try. Tell me what version DirectX you have, and that might clear things up for the both of us (I personally have DirectX v8.0a)

Good Luck!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields