[RESOLVED] PLEASE HELP ME!! MediaVision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

Thread: [RESOLVED] PLEASE HELP ME!! MediaVision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

AcidInfusion

PLEASE HELP ME!! MediaVision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

Whenever I try to play a wav, voc, mp3, or that sort of file, the file starts, and locks on the first second of the sound. It repeats over and over, much like a broken record or scratched CD, only really rapidly. Even the start sound when I load windows locks up and stutters. I understand this has happened with other people. I've been told my drivers are the problem, but this started suddenly and without warning. If you know what I can do, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Fultonian
    Did you recently add or change other hardware, change the settings for a hardware component, or have a problem with win95? This sounds like a DMA or IRQ conflict. Have you checked device manager?

jawbonejive

Exclamation

I have "exactly" the same problem(s); did you find a remedy? -- My Device Manager says there are no DMA or IRQ problems with anything!!....

[This message has been edited by jawbonejive (edited February 14, 2000).]

Cool

Even though windows does not show a dma conflict, it could still have one. Manually go through your resources and check all the dma settings for each device that uses dma.
    I bet you will find a problem. I f you still don't see a dma conflict, manually change the dma to somthing else and try it, you may have to change it a coulple of time....I am speking from exsperience.
    BTW... i have founf the best way to install the drivers for these and other wanna be sound cards is to add them manually through the "other devices" selection under add new hardware and then select no to autosearch.
    I believe there was a link to the drivers
    on the home page of windrivers, under "dead boards."

Those cards are so old now why bother? When you can buy like an OEM SB Live 128 value for $50, generic 128voice is like $17-20, or even the cheap generic $10 16bit cards are better than those media vision cards...they probably aren't even capable of some new stuff.
    Anyway it does sound like a DMA conflict, try looking thru the choices device manager gives for configurations (you have to uncheck "use automatic" first)see if there is one that has only a bare minimum address, irq and dma. Some old cards don't recognize more than a couple DMA channels as usable or sometimes there is a choice to use the same dma for 8 bit and 16 bit sounds, anyway try some different settings. Another option, remove all the sound card stuff in device manager and restart let windows put it all in again new.
    Buy a new card =)

[This message has been edited by JeanneD (edited March 18, 2000).]
    "Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do"