avance97 sound chip - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: avance97 sound chip

Banned

by the way this unzipps the files to a temp folder, to get around that you can browz to a folder to place the final files into install them, also if you have winzip installed . www.winzip.com you can do this creat a new folder in the folder that you have the downloaded file in , then right click dragndrop the file over this folder and from the menu choose to extract files to this location , thanxz happy puterin

Originally posted by amcfreek:
    <STRONG>by the way this unzipps the files to a temp folder, to get around that you can browz to a folder to place the final files into install them, also if you have winzip installed . www.winzip.com you can do this creat a new folder in the folder that you have the downloaded file in , then right click dragndrop the file over this folder and from the menu choose to extract files to this location , thanxz happy puterin</STRONG>

Hi amc ..me again..did as guided unzipped the drivers .created new folder...installed new drivers but you guessed it..still the exclamation mark is there still no sound...it must be something else.....any ideas ...i am completely confounded...and may just get a new sound card and disable this one....thanks

Banned

it could be very well toast, boot it up in safe mode then uninstall all the sound cards as well as go to controll panel and uninstall all drivers for this devise, add unistall programs icon in controll pannel , and if youre useing windows , me i have a hunch that you are and you want to bone windows out of being able to load the drivers for this , rename the folder where they are kept , windows\options\cabs is where they hide the files to install
    devises accesories ect , with out this folder me needs the cdrom dont feed it let it get real hungry and then it might eat the right drivers , if this doesent work by a sound card dude, dont mean to seem insulting but heres the way i look at it when youre time to fix this problem ,outways the cost of buying another one its cheeper to buy another one ,,,thanxz

I had that problem too. In the map inf you have to remove(better replace elsewhere) wdm(something).inf. that something depends on the chipset. Suc