[RESOLVED] what is the best refreash rest

Thread: [RESOLVED] what is the best refreash rest

dumb blonde

Resolved [RESOLVED] what is the best refreash rest

what do you think the best refresh rate for video is?

------------------
    what will go wrong today???? never mind going back to bed

StevePorter

Lightbulb

Personally, I like 75Hz or above...85Hz is rock-solid. I'm currently running a Diamond V770 (non-ultra) with a Hitachi SuperScan 753 (19") at 1600x1200x75Hz. It's comfortable.

As I general rule, 72Hz minimum, but refresh rate varies from person-to-person. Some people are really sensitive to flicker. My rule is to have a person look slightly away from the monitor, looking with their peripheral vision. If peripheral vision can catch the flicker, then their eyes will quickly tire after a day in front of the monitor. That's the point I recommend a better monitor and/or video card.

Get as much as you can afford...if you're like me, the monitor is the thing you have to stare at all day long...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

IT Len

Question

Can I assume that you would look at the monitor manual and make sure you're not overdriving the refresh rate for that monitor?

If you bypass the warnings, it actually is possible to blow the thing up...our tech lab has a nice cratered, spidered and charred example...from just setting the refresh too hot for the unit to handle!

dumb blonde

IT IS A AOC 17" SPECTRUM 7VLR

------------------
    what will go wrong today???? never mind going back to bed

StevePorter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dumb blonde:
    IT IS A AOC 17" SPECTRUM 7VLR</font>
    If you've got drivers for the monitor for the version of Windows that you're running, and you've checked the box in Display Properties | Settings | Advanced | Monitor that hides the modes that the monitor doesn't support, then you shouldn't have a problem with the monitor becoming a piece of modern art...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."