password to BIOS

Thread: password to BIOS

Exclamation password to BIOS

Hi. I am new to this forum, so bear with me. I have a client computer at my office that had some sort of problem (the user is vague about what the problem was). She ctrl-alt-dlt'ed to restart the computer. When she was booting up, she typed in her password to boot but got an error "Invalid Password". It s the same password she has always used, but now does not work.

What can I do to get around this password problem? The motherboard is an Intel chipset FW82439TX.

Thank you.
    Rafi
    [email protected]

I got it taken care of by removing and replacing the battery.
    However, the user insists on having a password on boot-up. How do I reset a password?

Thanks
    Rafi

Shinma

The option to set passwords (supervisory or boot up) usually requires that you go into the bios. One of the options is password on boot up.

how do i take out battery from motherboard on a panasonic cf-19

Welcome to Windrivers dirk margurt

Useful info here, including service manual which is only the exploded view but it might be enough to give you a clue how it comes apart.

According to the user manual it should be returned to Panasonic to get this done.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."