depolarized screen

Thread: depolarized screen

Post depolarized screen

Is there an easy wey to re-polarize a screen that have been depolarized? I explain, I bought a used system 'AS IS', P75, mouse+keyboard and a screen for almost nothing. It is fun to try Linux. But the screen is unfortunally depolarized, you know it is when you put a magnet near a screen and it yurns all funny pink, purple and yellow. It is an old 15" Deawoo there is no degauss option, it would fix it I am pretty sure.

thanks
    Coffee flows in my veins...

You could always buy a Degaussing ring or if you know someone who repairs TV's or monitors, ask them to either lend you theirs or get them to do it?????

Another option is to buy a cheap 2nd hand 15" monitor. They can be picke dup for next to nothing nowadays. One of the local stores near me sells them with 30 day warranty for around £30 ($45 USD)
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

up here where i live we have this place called the swap shop, it's in the town dump, and i have gotten new compters, 19" still in box moniters, not seen a flat screen yet, but i still look, so instead of trying to fix it go to the dump...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

Just noticed this one. As Darren suggested, try to get the monitor degaussed, see if it clears it up.

Older basic monitors normally automatically degauss at switch-on. The degaussing circuit may have failed, either stopped working or stuck partially operating. Normally in either case it is the Thermistor assembly which fails, they're not expensive if you can find a hobbyist or similar to replace it.

If a manual degauss can't remove the impurity, the monitor has probably been jarred severely. The deflection yoke may have moved on the neck of the CRT, which is correctable. Or the Shadow Mask behind the CRT face may have jumped off some of its snubbers, which is not correctable.