[RESOLVED] riva tnt2 card freezes

Thread: [RESOLVED] riva tnt2 card freezes

Johan Seg

Post riva tnt2 card freezes

I have tried a number of riva tnt2 cards on my computer, Aopen 3d navigator, 3dblaster tnt2 ultra, pixelview tnt2, and i have the same problem with them all. All direct3d games freezes after a few seconds. What could cause this? I use win98 and directx6.1 swedish edition. I have tried numerous drivers from Creative ,Aopen and Nvidia. My hardware configuration is pII 266, soundblaster awe64 value, internal us robotics fax modem, 96 meg RAM, fireball HD 7.6 gb, Atapi cd rom 36x.

Darren Wilson

what chipset are you running on the motherboard????? The Original TNT chipset had problems with LX chipsets, as the chipset could not pump enough power out to power the chip ( 8v ). As the TNT2 is basically the same chip running on smaller wafers & higher clock speeds , then I would expect this to be a problem also.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????
    visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

Darren Wilson

what chipset are you running on the motherboard????? The Original TNT chipset had problems with LX chipsets, as the chipset could not pump enough power out to power the chip ( 8v ). As the TNT2 is basically the same chip running on smaller wafers & higher clock speeds , then I would expect this to be a problem also.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????
    visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

I've had the same problem on an Intel AL440LX motherboard whenever the reference driver was used. the ref diver ran the card with AGP2X support enabled. The driver from Diamond used Single speed AGP. The machine froze after about 30 secconds of gameplay. (direct x and opengl) Solution: BH6