Creative 3d Blaster Savage4 and OpenGL

Thread: Creative 3d Blaster Savage4 and OpenGL

Unhappy Creative 3d Blaster Savage4 and OpenGL

Does anyone know of a fix for the OpenGL lock-up on the Savage4? Every time I run even the simple OpenGL screen saver in Win98 OB, it will function for 30 min. or so, the hard lock the system.System is: AMD K6-2 300, EPoX EP-MVP3G-M,256MB PC-100,Sounblaster PCI128,LT Win modem,36x CD-Rom,LS-120, 1.44 FDD,and Creative Savage4 AGP @ 2x with 32MB Sdram.
    Any tips greatly appreciated.

Darren Wilson

Make sure you have the latest drivers installed & extra cooling inside the system.
    Also ensure that Power Management is fully disabled within Windows as this can cause a lot of lock ups .

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????
    visit me @ http://www.ace-computers.co.uk

Unhappy

APM is of in both windows and the bios. Also AGP aperature is 64MB and all settings for the card are at default.It still don't like OpenGL and Creative is awful slow in responding to e-mail. (so what else is new?)

O_Sleep

Exclamation

Check if there are any IRQ conflicts from the System Configuration Utility included with win98 (not in the in Device Manager!).

No conflicts listed in either device manager or msconfig. I think that's what you were talking about.Finally got a reply from Creative and they told me to disable shadowing completely in the BIOS. Yes, all of it and to set the memory to 183 Mhz. in the "tweak" section of the properties panel for the blaster. One problem there is the Savage4 don't have a "tweak" section. It has an advanced section but the most you can get out of the memomry on the card is 143Mhz. I tried it and the display quality fell on it's ***.
    Any body else got any thoughts?