[RESOLVED] Only 16 colors

Thread: [RESOLVED] Only 16 colors

Sunshine

Exclamation Only 16 colors

I put a new Cyrix MediaGX 233mhz Pentium motherboard with an onboard VGA graphics card that is capable of at least 256 colors. At the time I installed it, her monitor was pretty old and I figured it was only capable of the 16. I just bought her a new Emachines 14 inch monitor. I removed the video driver and the monitor driver in Device Manager, but when Windows came back on, I still had only "16 Colors" to choose from. If I need new drivers, where do I find them, which one (video card or monitor) do I need, and how do I install them? Would the drivers be on my Windows 95 disk?

Mustang

the best thing to do is to remove the display adapter and monitor from the device manager and let windows find them again
    then have windows install the most current drivers that you can find
    most of the drivers are on the min 95 cd rom
    but there are a few newer ones on the net if you know the manufacturer and model of each you might be able to fint a more current driver from the appropriate website
    then install them when you have windows relocate the hardware you have removed from the device manager

Ken

Check for updated Video Card Drivers or try generic standard & super Vga video drivers.

Monitor Supports more than 256 w/a newer card.