[RESOLVED] S3 boo.

Thread: [RESOLVED] S3 boo.

Darren

Question S3 boo.

Hi,
    I'll try and keep this as brief as possible,
    we're looking for thoughts/ideas on our situation than solid solutions I suppose..before we goto the next stage of solving it.
    Anyway our system is..P2400/128SDram/12megVoodoo2/17"Hansol-Mazellan701A monitor and a S3Trio3D 4meg card.

After 7 months of hassle free use [colour wise] from our monitor we noticed a small black dot on the screen, no biggie but annoying once noticed AND after just 7 months come on..but like I said, no colour problems, I'd never even had to go into the S3's systems prop. to adjust gamma etc.
    So they replaced the monitor, the new one when all the screen was white look darker on the right side, a 3 inch strip down the right, that made it look dirty. That went back and they replaced it again, under the agreement that we get PC tech'ed out before we get another one.
    So this one started off ok, but the gamma shifts slightly even now and again, and it alternates between slighty more blue or green. The monitor's brand new but the gamma seems to change if you move the monitor slighty, like there might be just a bad socket, S3 card loose in the pc or whatever.

We've yet to look inside the computer/plug a different monitor in/check the cables-pins/
    or install another 2D card, but if any of this rings a bell with someone, which will help diagnose the problem sooner then all contributions welcome .
    I think the refresh rate is altering too, text in location box [netscape] seems blurry sometimes, and it's probably causing some headaches [my eye's are fine incidently, well not for much longer]

Sincerely,
    Darren @EXiT21 www.EXiT21.co.uk

Ken

3 monitors and which video card?? Well I suggest you first check w/your video card
    manufacturer first for any updated drivers.

After ruling that out, Open the case remove and reinstall the card, in the same PCI/AGP slot. It may be seated improperly :-)