Occasionaly when i boot to windows the screen turns black and stays that way. Usually rebooting sorts this out but sometimes restartingleads to the same problem.
I cannot be bothered to reinstall windows at the moment i've done it so many times now i'm sick of it. admittadly i have been mesing with detonator drivers.. i've just been given some asus 3d glasses, bought a dongle and tried installing the glasses drivers. went back to an earlier detonator driver then installed the corrosponding glasses update.. and then decided i'd had enough. unistalle dthe drivers and am now running 2311 det's. I'm pretty sure that this is the problem but my recent gpu overclocking escapades fill me with dread.
i've got a gf3 ti200 and have been running it at 210/480. apparently without problems... no freezing , no horrible burning smells ans hardly any graphical gliches(the occasional white spots betrween planes, but only in one game) the things is though i only noticed the glighes recently and stated to get worried.. maybe i fried the card a little???? would this be a possible cause of the black screen?? i'll probably answer my own question when i reinstall windows but for the time being am interested...not only actually in what i asked but in other possible problems that might arrise form o'cing your graphics cards?? any one?