Geforce 2 MX 200 problems

Thread: Geforce 2 MX 200 problems

Exclamation Geforce 2 MX 200 problems

Ok... I've got this new card here, and it won't work! I go into any game and it freezes as soon as a 3d object is on screen. I've got the most updated drivers for everything, and even reinstalled DirectX 8.0a. I made sure I followed all the direction for installing, and tried all the troubleshooting techniques. Could I have some help here? My system soecs are as follows:

Processor: Pentium III ~500 mhz SSE

Video: Visiontek nVidia GeForce2 MX 200 32 MB AGP

Sound: ESS Solo-1 PCI AudioDrive

DirectX version: 8.0a

RAM: 128 MB

Thanks for your time. Help me if you can!

-Seraph-

Install the latest AGP Drivers for your motherboard first. If your motherboard is VIA chipset based try running in AGP 1X or normal mode. If you are running in AGP4X mode try to set AGP drive value to something other than AUTO in Hexadecimal if possible. More possibilities can be found at www.geforcefaq.com
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

i know this sounds odd but try altering the refresh rate of the monitor.
    i had problems playing natural fawn killers and this sorted it out fine.

Exclamation

Ok, here's something new... My dad works for IBM, so he looked up some stuff on video card problems. We found that the computer we use, and any other IBM computer (motherboard) is not fully compatible with any other video card but certain ones made for IBM computers. This might help a bit... It seems that it's all about the DirectX stuff. Only 2 of the DirectX tests passed. I'm going to look for any updates for DirectX 8 that may fix this problem. As for those other suggestions you gave... I had previously tried them with no avail. Thanks anyways, though! I'll see what I can find out and post anything new on this thread.

-Seraph-