[RESOLVED] Monitor problems? Display problems?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Monitor problems? Display problems?

korn_chick_999

Red face Monitor problems? Display problems?

One day, my computer froze as usual, so naturally I restarted it. The next time windows loaded it was in 16 colors < not safe mode>. So, i went to display properties, clicked the settings box, and found that there were only 2 choices of color <16 color and 2 color>.. I've tried everything from changing the display adapters to restarted in safe mode.. Can anyone help? I think itz a problem with the display adapter.. does anyone understand this crap??... it would make lil old me happy if somone would help me.. -thanx-

Have you checked to make sure the right adapter is the one running. See if you have more than one in your device manager.

------------------
    "The older you get the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin man! L-I-V-I-N!" ~~~ Wooderson

Lightbulb

I presume that your running win95/98, right!

Make sure that you have drivers for your graphics card, and if necessary, the monitor.
    This lots looks difficult, but it's dead easy. Right click My computer, and click "properties", then "device manager".
    Under Diplay adapters, click the card(s) that the pc has registered as installed, and remove them. Do the same for the monitor, and then click "refresh". It should then find the card, and the monitor, and ask for the drivers. Once they've installed, reboot the computer before you make any changes to the colour etc. Once rebooted, In Display settings, tick the "show setting icon in task bar". Then click advanced, perfomance, and select "apply the changes without rebooting". Click OK until you return to the desktop. On the systray by the clock on the startbar, right click the Blue monitor, and simply select the resolution/colour depth that you want.

------------------
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...