Just my thoughts...
I wasn't visiting windrivers too much for awhile this year because I was busy, altho many times I lurk but don't login. I just have to say that I think some things have changed, some better but some worse... first, before "the gang" all jumps on me, let me say I have loved windrivers for quite awhile (longer than quite a few of you), I have used and recommended it many times, and I have highest respect for Scott and for Darren, who was here when I came, he has great knowledge and a couple of the newer mods have helped me and I thank them. The problem I see is that it has become very "clique-y" if thats a word and I am just about to call it quits here..now before you guys jump down my throat and tell me "if you don't like it leave" let me just point out a couple things.. I see complaints about the attitudes of some members (which some shouldn't be here, but that is up to the Mods) and how people are "sick of their complaints", but sometimes when someone says something not meant to be bad everyone wants to crucify them, case in point the topic about the misspelling of lewd... true, not many care, but I notice those things too, I just don't say, and while I spell pretty well I am a lousy typist, making up for it with typos. That guy that posted tho said he couldn't contact Darren any other way and even had a smilie, I think maybe he just thought since it was posted rules that maybe windrivers would like it corrected, he was probably just trying to help, but a the gang had to jump, wanted him banned and stuff, for what? If I had a website I would want things spelled correctly, otherwise it doesn't look professional, he wasn't criticizing Darren or Scott. Its getting where you say something (and I DON'T mean the truly derogatory ones )that doesn't agree with the majority or you aren't considered one of the elite, you are ridiculed. I believe in the forums as a place to give and get help and be friendly, but it is more like a private club now. You seem to be nice, intelligent, well-meaning people as far as I can tell and it's fun for those of you who are part of the "club", but for the majority who are not, it is not fun. That's fine if thats what you want, but it doesn't make others feel welcome, not like it used to be...it's like school, you have to "fit in". My one experience in the chat room was not too great either, for that reason too...Maybe more people outside the elite are starting to sound off a lot more with complaints because they are starting to feel that way, left out or ridiculed. This is not a personal slam against anyone here, it's just the way it seems here now to me.
So, I guess that's it....