Hello. Its me again. I am running win95 on an AMD K6 233MHz processor. I have Ali Busmaster Controllers and Primary and Secondary IDE Bus master Controllers. I am trying to get my cd-writer to work so i removed the Ali bus drivers controller using the ali driver software. It left me with a Dual PCI IDE controller and single fifo primary and secondary IDE controllers with exclamation points....running in msdos compatibility mode. So i deleted the ENUM key in the registry and the exclamation points disappeared. However, my cd writer does not show up in the control panel nor the device manager anymore. Furthermore when i run in safe mode, the cd writer shows up in the device manager but not the control panel. My HD is primary master, my 24x cdrom is primary slave and the cd writer is secondary master.

When i used my friends win98 cd it loaded a dual pci to ide controller and dual fifo primary and secondary controllers. This seemed to work fine, but win98 seemed to be unstable because i think my system was "tweaked" in the process.

Anyhow, is there a way to "trick" windows95 into loading the dual fifo drivers as opposed to the single fifo drivers. So far ive added 2 lines of code to my "mshdc.inf" file, ive deleted registry keys within the "diskdrive", "esdi" and "hdc" registry keys (but not these actual registry keys) to no avail. Any ideas on how to successfully load these dual fifo drivers???????? confewshz is confewsed

[This message has been edited by confewshz (edited August 15, 1999).]