OK here's the deal. I've been reading the wrong magazines as of late. I am fumed!

Japan will not offer an apology or any restitution to American POW's whom they beat and forced to work as slaves in mines for now global corporations like Mitsui, Kawasaki,...etc.. These POW's were the ones involved in the Bataan Death March.

I think it's a joke.....restitution was paid by Germany for enslaving thousands of people during WWII and Japan was doing the same in WWII. Should they not have to pay back too???

It's funny, there's always American government intervention during Bataan death march POWs vs. Japanese corporations lawsuits and they favor the Japanese corporations! I guess the money deal is enough to warrant protection or the threats of Mitsui not sending us crappy cd rom drives may actually be the real reason! (Joking)

Oddly enough, the Japanese are an apologetic culture. They wanted an apology for a submarine accident which sank a Japanese fishing boat. Obviously a complete accident, I am sure the captain of the submarine had a thing against Japanese fishing boats. They got it nonetheless now why can't they at least apologize for the unsual cruelties done to POWs of the Bataan?? It's a joke! One was an accident, one on purpose. Even worst all those POWs were supposed to be executed so America wouldn't find out they were enslaved.

By the way I am not a racist, I actually am 100% Japanese in heritage but fully Americanized. I just find it a joke that America treated POWs decently, and this is during war, while American POWs got the butt end of a rifle. It's also a joke that Japan demanded an apology for a dumb fish boat when they said they would not apologize for the Bataan!!!!

-aa