USB Mass Storage Drive - Code 10 - BIOS - MOTHERBOARD -

Thread: USB Mass Storage Drive - Code 10 - BIOS - MOTHERBOARD -

Threaded View

Question USB Mass Storage Drive - Code 10 - BIOS - MOTHERBOARD -

Somebody wrote "Welcome to the world of WinDrivers" - really, though - I'm here. And it sucks.

when little bitch wrote:
    When I plug in the USB Mass Storage Drive into my USB port it finds the hardware and installs drivers for it but will not detect it in MY Computer. Also when I go to Device Manager and check the properties it shows that there is a Code 10 Error. I can't mess with the resources and was wondering if there was a patch out there for this. If anyone knows the answer to this I'd appreciate your help.

If anyone knows the answer to this PLEASSE PLEASE HELP. Is it really necessary to update my motherboard? How dangerous is it to screw around with the BIOS? I had it, at one point, appearing under disk drives as "USB Disk" in the Device Manager, but never did it appear next to the hard drive - i.e. I could not use it.

It's never been initialized or used so I wouldn't mind formatting it if that would help - but I don't know how to do this: "If it is an extenal drive and has never been initialized, you will need to do that in the Disk Management MMC, and then set it up with a drive letter." Never have had the chance.

Here's my scenario:
    WINXP
    PROFESSIONAL
    VERSION 2002
    Service Pack 1

Intel PENTIUM III - Motherboard: SE440BX-2
    USB 2.0 - newly installed and working fine
    500 MHz
    128 MB of RAM

I'm also using USB Netgear/USB Midiman/USB Mobile Pre/USB Intellimouse. All of these work just fine.

frustration city
    Last edited by noddy44; January 16th, 2004 at 05:19 PM.