Hi,
I just bought a new hard drive the other day, (Seagate Barracuda 80GB drive) and installed Windows XP on. My computer already has a hard drive on it with a copy of Windows XP. The 1st problem I had was that unless I changed the settings from my BIOS, I could only boot from my old drive. So what I did was install partition magic on my drive and bootmagic. The next problem that I had was that Bootmagic only recognised the copy of Windows XP on my old drive. When I highlighted my new drive, it said unknown OS (Operating System). Ithought nothing of this and rebooted my system. My comuter rebooted and a box came up asking which drive (OS) I wanted to boot from. I selected the new drive. The Windows XP loading screen came up, BUT a few seconds later a message came up saying: " autochk not found, skipping autochk". Then another message appeared saying fatal error, system shutting down.
I rebooted with my old drive and that one booted fine. Can anyone tell me what's going on ? I've got a feeling that it has to do with bootmagic not recognising the OS (although it listed both drives, and both drives as primary)

1. Is there an easier way to install Windows XP on both drives, and boot from whichever drive I want, without having to change the BIOS every time.
or
2. How can I do it using bootmagic

I know that this is a long read, but thank you to anyone who even bothered to read it.