I have been given a DVD burner for my christmas, I currently have 2 used bays, the first being just an ordinary 52 read CD rom, and the second is a CD burner which is 52x32x52

My question is really an optional one, but, I would like some advice as to what I should do with the DVD burner.

Should I replace the CD Rom, or the CD burner, or even just add the DVD burner to the extra bay which would mean that I would have 2 burners on the system.

Oh, but here comes my next question, if I add the DVD burner to the extra bay is there any advice as to the connection ribbon for master slave etc, I ask this because I have read many times that it is wise to have the DVD burner as master.

Also can I add a new ribbon to the secondary IDE connection on the motherboard, or are those Primary and secondary connectors only for Hard Disks.

What I was thinking of doing was to add the DVD burner to my system and use the IDE ribbon used for the CD burner and make the DVD burner as master and have the CD burner as slave.

I am not going to replace the CD rom with a DVD rom as I will not be using the DVD burner on the fly, so when copying a DVD I will have to use the same drive for both the reading and writing.

Any advice would be most welcome.