i'm having problems burning some photos through my external dynex cdrw drive model dx-ecdrw100...i've burned many audio cd's through musicmatch jukebox and have no problems with it being recognized, but as soon as i try to use any other software programs, i get an error code saying E:device is not ready. i can't burn any of my digi photos off and it's seriously impacted my memory space. I had nero do an infotool scan on my drive and got an email back saying that windows doesn't even recognize my burner so there's nothing they can do for me. I'm running win98 and my friend mentioned something about ansi drives being difficult and turning something called dma on, but i'm kind of a technotard and really don't understand what's going on. it's reading fine in my device manager and says that it's working properly. although when i look under settings for it while i'm in properties, there's a little box checked that says disconnect. could that have something to do with it? under the driver heading it says no drivers are required or have been loaded. i clicked update driver up popped a security warning and it prompted me to install and run c:\\windows\temp\direct.b1. it said the publisher can't be determined because the object to be verified is unkown to the trust provider. i haven't done it because i'm scared to mess anything else up. my computer has taken to random crashing because of lack of ram. i have just a normal cd-rom toshiba xm-1920b in my laptop. could it be conflicting with it? i still have the nero infotool scan. would it help you to see that? please help. i'm tired of rebooting.