I have been using Easy CD/DVD since my first 2x CD writer about a decade ago because it came with it and I never had a problem, but on here I often see people say Easy CD/DVD is bad and nero is better.

Nero came with my new DVD writer and I installed it but kept using Easy CD. I removed them both and re-installed only Nero because of my DVDs failing that you might have read in another thread (which didn't solve the problem).

I now need to write a CD, in Easy CD I simply dragged and droped the file in windows explorer and direct CD (or whatever it's been renamed to, drag to disc I think) would burn them just as if it was a hard drive and I then just ejected the CD, for CDs I often make more copies of like my software I sell, I used Easy CD Creator and made a template which I simply opened and clicked burn.

Now that I removed Easy CD I tried to do it in Nero Express but it only lets me write DVDs, so I tried Nero burning ROM and I have to select about 7 million settings I never heard of just to be able to start the CD project, like ISO 9660, ISO 9660 1999, ISO 9660 joliet, File Name Level 1 or 2, 3 choices of character sets, and 4 other options.

What the heck are all these settings? Why can't I just select my files and burn them? I really don't see how people can prefer this software when you need to select a zillion options most users most likely never heard of, I haven't had to select any of those settings in a decade of CD burning, why is it so complicated in Nero? Why is it recommended over Easy CD? The only thing I prefer with Nero is the NeroVision Express DVD creator, even though it did nothing but ruin all my 4 test DVDs I had, but I don't think Nero is the cause of this problem.

Anyway I think I'll go back to Easy CD for my CDs unless someone can help me with these million options I need to choose before Nero will let me burn a CD.

Thanks