I just bought a new case and transferred my hard drive/video card/cdroms etc to a different motherboard. Booted it up and got everything configered ok(or at least I thought).

Now, if I power the computer off then when I start it back up then the monitor doesn't work (blank) like no connection. If I unplug the power cord to the power supply for about ten seconds and try it again it will work. It does take me into bios so I think this is a bios/motherboard problem. I dual boot with windows and Linux so I don't think this has anything to do with the operating system.

The motherboard is an ASUS a7v8x and I have used a combination of three different monitors so it shouldn't be the monitor. Video Card is an Abit (ati) Radeon 9600 se.

I believe my problem is that I took a different motherboard and loaded different
drives/cdroms etc and somewhere their is a conflict with the motherboard.

I don't know where to go to resolve this conflict and don't believe reinstalling the O.S. will do any good. I've played around with the setting for the AGV with no luck.

I guess the next thing is to reset the motherboard to the "safe default setting" and to check the ASUS web site for info.

Anybody have any ideas......