Ok, I had 2 identical Maxtor 160GB SATA 150 HD's in my system. One was the Windows and all the data and the 2nd hd was games like eq2 etc..

I downloaded and installed Perfect Disk. Started to defrag my main drive then I had to stop so I pressed the stop button seconds after I did I got an error:
Stop 7A error, Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error in Win32k.sys.

So, I decide I will just unplug that HD and install windows on my second hd. That is done now. So I go to plug in my old HD (I switched SATA Channels it was on 0 now is on 1). And when I do plug in the old HD it kills my windows on the new hd that I just reformatted with a Stop 24 in NTFS.sys error. Soon as I unplug the HD windows works fine. But my problem is all my data is on that other HD that I need to get to.

I noticed there is no Slave or Master on the SATA HD's so I am assuming by changing their SATA Channel 0, 1 would do it. Bios detects both hd's fine.

These are some things I tried: I tried XP's Recovery Console to do a Chkdsk on it. When that HD is connected XP gives me a BSD even in the console. I tried Safe mode and got a BSD. I tried to boot normal as the master drive and got a BSD. Basically whenever that HD is connected I get a BSD. When it is not the primary drive the BSD is always the Stop 24 in NTFS.sys error.

I really need help on how to get this drive back. My last backup is close to 6 months old which is better than nothing but I would really like to get my email and stuff back.

Thanks,
Eric