Hi guys and gals, got a real annoying prob for you to help me with. Ive built a nice little shuttle type PC for the girlfriend for internet access, music playing, dvd playback, coursework and playing a few games like her current fav, Sims 2. I stripped most of the stuff from an earlier pc that ran Sims 2 just fine but now it just wont have none of it. the old PC was as follws- Asrock motherboard, AMD 2000xp CPU, Kingston 512mb DDR 333 Ram, 80gb Fujitsu hd, Leadtek A350 5900XT 128mb graphix card and windows 2k.

New pc is an Aria Biostar IDEQ 210V barebones unit, with VIA KM400A + VT8237 chipset, AMD 2000xp CPU, 80gb Fujitsu hd, 512mb DDR, 5900XP graphix, and a Sony DVD drive.

Sims 2 installs, but when you run it will run for a while then lock up to a degree that a power off is the only way to recover. CPU isnt getting hot, neither is the graphix card, PSU is a 200w one and isnt struggling at all. Ive got Direct X9c, no problems there, tried standard and updated Nvidia drivers. I have all the windows updates, other software on the pc includes microsoft works, norton utilities, winspeedup, Sandra and prob a few other bits and peices, oh, firewall is zonealarm and anti virus is AVG.

Another pc in the house running a 950 Athlon runs it fine, thats got the same software configuration and a MX440 SE graphix card.

I juat cant nail this one down and really need help!