Hi All
I have a Compaq Presario SR1000 in for repair. Tha customer purchased it 2 months ago. She tried to install Norton Go Back but it got stuck half way through so she turned of the machine. When she used it again it kept coming up with errors so she called me in. She is very picky and wants the machine to work perfectly fine. I sorted out the Norton Go Back problem but she wasn't happy that it had gone wrong and wanted me to set the machine back to the factory settings. So from within the O/S I started the Compaq recovery software, to which the machine shut down and then kept going in loops round the Safe Mode screen. I tried all optins but it still would not start. I then tried pressing the F10 key on the Compaq flash screen at boot to start the recovry process. This does absolutly nothing. The ESC and F1 keys work fine. I have also tried a differant keyboard. After speaking to Compaq they want me to pay another £30 for some recovery disc's as the machine didn't come with any and the customer didn't create any.

So I guess what I am tring to say is, is there any way other than mentioned above to start the recovery process on the compaq machine?

Thanks for your help.

Gary