Hello everyone,
First off I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with my mother in laws computer.LOL Anyway she has a windows xp home emachine desk top.The problem is it will not boot at all and I have tried several things. The only thing her screen will show is a black screen with a blue box in it with the color monitor symbols in it. At first her hard drive would turn on but it wouldent turn off unless you unpluged it.So today I went to a computer tech, and he tested the power supply and it was shot so we bought the new one.Now that part seems to be fixed because I can now get the cd drive to open but you still have to unplug it to turn it off.I tried to do a recovery console and its like the drive cant detect the cd is in at all.Please bare with me I'm trying to explain this the best I can.lol Its very confusing to me. here are a few more things i've tried. Checked the video card that dident work so she took it back on got her money back I also tried taking the battery out for 30 minutes then putting it back again and that dident help at all.Can anyone give me a clue to what else the problem could be.Thanks in advance.