Here's one I could use some help with! Our county government uses Tyler Technologies management software in all offices, but the auditor's office is starting to give me fits. Starting about 2 months ago, they began experiencing very frequent lockups in AbleTerm V 7.3.0.0 http://www.tyler-tsg.com/products/JUD/judxtras.htm

as well as disconnects. I found that the router was working intermittently, so it was replaced with a Linksys BEFSR81, and we had no further problems for a month or so, then the lockups and disconnects started to re-occur. This can happen even when the Internet connection is active and functioning correctly.

Today marks the first time that an AbleTerm lockup has ever generated an entry in Event Viewer, and it was Event ID 1000 in Module mfc42.dll. I verified that the version of mfc42.dll in the windows\system32 folder was V 6.2.4131.0, and renamed all other versions of the file I found in all computers in the office. Everything worked great for about 2 hours, then the disconnects and lockups resumed.

Tyler support insists there is a problem with the new router, even though I can play a game online while AbleTerm is disconnecting on a different computer. All machines in the auditor's office are effected. There are 3 different models of HP Pavlion desktop and 2 HP Pavilion notebooks involved, and the error does not repeat in other offices with similar equipment in the building. One of the laptops runs XP MC SP2, and the rest run XP Home SP2

This is really eating on me because AbleTerm is just a simple terminal emulator that Telnets to the county's server. No fancy stuff going on here! So, I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!