Hey, haven't been around here for a while. My engineering technologist career has taken off, and with a company merger, my network admin duties were lifted from my shoulders. That's the good news. The bad news is that other than my day to day virtual paper pushing, I don't work with computers on a technical level much anymore, and I'm still using the same old computer since 2001, so my knowledge of the latest gear isn't up to speed.

Anyway, I went to a tradeshow/conference back in October and I won a Toshiba A105-2311 laptop! Gave it to my wife as a "my husband went to Florida and all he brought back for me was this laptop and a lousy t-shirt" present. This is a nice laptop but only has 256 MB of RAM, and it needs more. Not exactly sure what I need to put in this thing. Near as I can tell its PC4200 SODIMM but do I need proprietary RAM for this laptop or will generic do? If I go to any of the big memory maker websites they all give different part numbers which could be a marketing gimmick. I read through the manual but couldn't get more info than that.

Anyway, some guidance would be appreciated!