Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
Now NooNoo build an Intel P4 3.4ghz with 1 stick of DDR ram as you say and run bench test under full load then you can post that the PC peformes the same with 1 stick as opposed to 2 sticks as the manufactures recommed.
I'm sorry, you must have misread my posts again. I did not say it would perform the same. I said it would not halve the performance. I said you would see a a reduction of between 5 and 25% depending on what the processor was doing. I said that this is because the processor is not always waiting for data from the RAM.

I think perhaps you do not understand the difference between the word "dual" and the word "double".

Dual means that there are two of the same thing working together.

Double means that there is one thing being used twice or that there is and increase of a factor of 2.

If you use dual where you mean double, you will confuse people who understand the difference.

For example, if something has increased in size so that it is now twice the size that it was, you would say it doubled its size. You would not say it dualled it size.

So to your statement
Intel processors use quad pumped/same meaning as dual channel
Double pumped (in the context of processors) means access happens twice per cycle. Quad pumping refers to 4 accesses per cycle. There is only one cycle but it is getting twice or four times the use.

Dual channel means that there are two separate channels, in the context of dual channel memory, each 64bit channel goes to its own memory controller.