Spybot S&D cannot get rid of some "Right Media" and "Double Click" nasties
I have cleaned my computer with HijackThis and S&D in normal mode and Safe mode with and without network support, with System Restore "ON" and "OFF" but the "Right Media" and "Double Click" continue to appear after S&D does a full scan. I am not using Resident Protection though.
The symptoms were ultra slow speed and the tale tell one that redirects you to another page when you open your IE.
After scaning with HJT and S&D quite a few nasties were fixed but the ones I'm talking about, "Right Media" and "Double Click" stayed. After the 1st cleaning the only anoyance I suffered was that Google results get redirected to something else. If I opened an IE and typed the address myself it worked fine. After the third cleaning sesion Google was still doing the same, I gave up on myself and decided to do a research here for "Right Media" and "Double Click" but I did not get anything solid to help me with this specific situation. I think because the words are so common they appear in every thread. I turned System Restore "OFF" and it was then that Google results worked fine. I have three questions for you all.
1st. Is there a tool that specifically targets this nasties?
2nd Do you all think S&D cannot get rid of them two because I am not using Tea Timer?
3rd Is it safe to turn System Restore back "ON"?
I am running Windows XP SP3