Yes that is right. I love this game from the previous century and would like to continue playing it every now and again. I'm using the CD Rom collectors edition released around 1999.

I recently migrated to Windows 7 from XP. Had a AGP Nvidia 5700 Ultra on an Asus motherboard P4 with 2 gigs ram. The only thing I did was reformat and install Win 7. On this system I installed the game, the third party Win2000/XP patch and was playing the game with 3d support, the only issue was a few prefight, post flight and option screens had minor to major color palette issues. XP did not have this issue. No big deal, the in-flight game looked just as good as ever and was still as fun.

Well, I got a bit better system recently. Still a P4 with a faster processor but it has PCI-E. I bought a Evga Nvidia 9400GT for it. Running Win 7 as well. Well, I was able to run the game, still had the palette issues but this time no 3d. When enabled I can see the starfeild background and the Hud but no 3D objects. When I turn off 3d accelleration, the flight engine runs fine albeit poorer graphics.

Should I give up on the game and let it fade into history? Anyone have experience with this game and getting it to be fully compatable on newer systems? Any suggestions for virtualization or emulation?