No booting after building and deleting raid 1

Thread: No booting after building and deleting raid 1

Threaded View

No booting after building and deleting raid 1

Hi,

I'm playing with this SI3132 PCI-X card that I have.
    It works nicely when you create raid 1 before installing windows but I encountered this problem and I will be happy for clarification.
    I installed windows 7 on one drive connected to the raid card. It asked me for the driver when i started to install windows (Because windows didn't have a built in driver for the card), Which I gave it's path and everything installed fine.
    Now....I wanted to create a raid 1 AFTER windows was installed, So I tried the card's bios to create raid 1 after I connected similar drive to the free sata port.
    I chose to create raid 1 without data copy (Wanted to copy it under the windows utility).
    When I tried to boot the drive, It gave me the NTLDR error (Press CTRL+Aly+Del to rebbot).
    I entered the card's bios and deleted the raid 1, but it still didn't booted (Now he gave me the "non system disk error").
    I've booted with Hiren mini xp and I can see that the data still remained on the 1st drive.
    Is it possible to fix the boot/mbr, Or will it be better to start from fresh ? (That is to create raid 1 and THEN to install windows)

Thank you

Update :
    Just changed in the bios the status of the single drive to "concatenation" which is basically JBOD mose, And it boots......that is strange, But i would really like to know how to create the raid 1 after windows was installed
    Last edited by HipHoper; December 10th, 2010 at 07:11 AM.