Problems with new computer...mouse related

Thread: Problems with new computer...mouse related

Post Problems with new computer...mouse related

Just bought a new system, thought my old 300mhz wasn't cutting it anymore... So now I have an Athlon TBird 1ghz, and a GeForce 256. The motherboard is a PC-Chips M817 with the ALi chipset. I'm running windows 98. My problem is with the mouse cursor. I don't know if its the motherboard or with the video card. I have found all updated drivers, but it still does it sometimes. What the problem actually is, is that the windows mouse cursor will show up in the middle of games. Like in Quake III, or NOLF.. Black and White to name a few. Its really annoying. I also noticed when using IE 5.5, when i point at a link, the cursor just stays as an arrow, and sometimes it'll turn into the hand with a finger... Might be an interupt problem?!? Has anyone had any similar problem? any solution? I'd be a happy camper! well not in QIII at least, cuz i hate campers.. but you know what i mean! thanks in advance

Logitech mouse i assume..
    No matter what,
    No matter where,
    If broadband connection is there,
    It's always HOME.

yes, its a logitech optical... but I just bought this mouse two days ago to try to fix the problem as my last mouse wasn't a Logitech. it was some generic one... but the problem still exists...

So the problem is with Logitech's mouse rite..?
    No matter what,
    No matter where,
    It's always HOME.

Question

Excuse, but the video card, this formed good, I talk about drivers, are the last ones of the video board...

Originally posted by Chileman:
    Excuse, but the video card, this formed good, I talk about drivers, are the last ones of the video board...

Hi Chileman, are you lost..??

No matter what,
    No matter where,
    It's always HOME.

Cool

NO, single which previously I pass something to me asi and were drivers of video, rare but certain!

Talking

NO, single which previously I pass something to me asi and were drivers of video, rare but certain!

WTF????

btw I have seen this with both microstuffed and logitech usb mice, I put it down to software... good luck with getting to the bottom of it.
    "box it up and send it back before you hurt yourself"

EEE-Holay! Me thinks me previously pass something, too. Whew.

Does your Mobo have on board AGP like most other PC Chips boards? If so, make sure your CMOS is set for "PCI graphics card" not "on Board AGP video".
    If I had a hammer...

Also: NO, single which previously I pass something to me asi and were drivers of video, rare but certain!

Possible translation: Are the video card drivers the latest ones? This happened to me and it was the video drivers, unusual but it was definitely the cause.

Is this right?

I finally fixed the problem. I unhooked the USB to PS/2 adapter, and am just using the mouse as an USB one. Problem fixed. I wonder what could be causing the problem with the ps/2 port. in reply to the other posts, no it is not a logitech mouse problem as I tried 3 other mice... all my drivers are current as I know of. I think its just the motherboard, cheap piece of s$%&^%... thanks for all the replies...
    emanuel