2 video cards in win98

Thread: 2 video cards in win98

Post 2 video cards in win98

does win98 support multiple monitors? I have a customer that has onboard video and wants to put in a pci video card and hook up two monitors...will it work?

yeah it should or maybe only 98 se
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/

Middle of Nowhere and 1 mile north, in Alberta, CANADA

I did it with 98se, not sure about regular 98, but it worked very nice for me, and its very simple to do, just plug in the other card and turn her on, and windows does the rest for you
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought out bad idea!

Middle of Nowhere and 1 mile north, in Alberta, CANADA

you just have to be sure that the video card is 98 compatible, otherwise it will not work (i'm sure you know that, or would have figured that out anyways)
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought out bad idea!

manster

Hate 2 be the pessimist here but I'm assuming that when you say that the customer wants to add a PCI video card his existing video card is AGP. This may cause some trouble, as some video card chipsets (cheap ones) are anal in their multi monitor support. I've had a fair bit of experience with this and found that you must make sure that the newer video card is set to primary, as not all PCI video card chipsets will run multi monitor support. however, if you come accross a card that claims it doesn't support multiple monitor (windows will tell you), set it to secondary (put that card in the PC after fully setting up the drivers for the other) and it should work. Hope it goes well.

Originally posted by Manster:
    <STRONG>Hate 2 be the pessimist here but I'm assuming that when you say that the customer wants to add a PCI video card his existing video card is AGP.</STRONG>
    I got the impression that he wants to add a PCI video card to go along with his motherboard-integrated video.

Originally posted by fathead:
    <STRONG>I have a customer that has onboard video and wants to put in a pci video card and hook up two monitors...will it work?</STRONG>
    This should go off without a hitch. Stick it in and boot it up.
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

It should work fine in Windows 98 and 98SE
    WARNING
    :: I am NOT held responsible for any damages on your coumputer. ::

worked fine...thx