Matsonic MS3808E

Thread: Matsonic MS3808E

Post Matsonic MS3808E

ok i've been to another computer fair, and yes i spent about an hour in the spares and repairs section, spent £5 on an Athlon board, well it powered up for about 6seconds and went off, now i have no display, chip is a known working one (best test in in its original board after posting) theres only the CMOS jumper and a "power on by keyboard" setting on the board, ive reset the cmos, tested the battery, 3.01 is the reading i got, i was hoping it was something daft, i know the board only runs at 200fsb, and i cant remember if the chip is 266. would this cause any problems??

G.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

I guess that's why the board was £5...

I don't think the speed would cause any problem that way round, but someone may correct me there.

I know what you mean Platy, but alot of "techs" in the uk aint really "techs" its more if didnt work first time, bin it well in the north east anyhow.. [Eek!]

Theoretically, it could be, if, for example, that CPU was the new (with Morgan core) chip, what current BIOS didn't know nothing about. May be also,what BIOS chip itself is somehow corrupted. Since it's jumperless motherboard (as many others an Athlon motherboards) - too many things depends on BIOS (core voltage, CPU ID microcode support module and so on...) May be,though, that particular motherboard have no support for Morgans at all... I've seen quite a few Matsonic motherboards, what were in fact just only remarked PCChips motherboards...
    But anyways, spare flash 2Mbit IC costs something about 7 USD...

thanks ruslan, again your advice will aid me

Arrow

quote:
    Originally posted by Ruslan:

Last week, one cost me £17 ($25? USD) perhaps that's why we bin those m/b [Wink] [Eek!] ....

Banned

gary just looked at there site ,,,3 different versions (pcb Nos) http://www.matsonic.com/download_sis.htm

is the board (as ruslan suggests) a pcchips clone?

looking at the picture , and a pcchips 810mlr book in front of me , it "looks" the same ,,,

now having said that the "latest" 810mlr boards (which i use in econamy machines) has a sticker next to the zif skt saying "xp" ,,and apart from that there 2 other telltale things ,,,on the board (and in the book) it refers to two jumpers marked athlon/duron they are ja1 and ja2 ,,1 is next to the psu connector , outer edge next to pin 4-5 from top ,,and ja2 is just along side the dimm skt , outer edge but the jumper pins are NOT there (just solder blobs),,,,so there must have been an in-between model ,,,hope this is the same model as yours

cheers alan
    (

quote:
    Originally posted by confus-ed:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ruslan:

Last week, one cost me £17 ($25? USD) perhaps that's why we bin those m/b ....
    What, 25USD???! [Eek!] Hell, I would be rich then - I do have a lot of them taken out from faulty motherboards (faulty motherboard far not always means dead flash IC) [Wink]
    That's why I'm buying 5USD for each of P2/3/Athlon motherboards. At least, I do have enough of spare flash ICs... [Wink]

confus-ed kiss my a$$ it was a genereal statement that wasnt aimed at anyone inparticular apart from cowboy engineers.

alan, thanks for looking up for me, it looks like a pc-chips clone but notthe model u suggested.

G.