[RESOLVED] The best Hard Drive Utility

Thread: [RESOLVED] The best Hard Drive Utility

jkennedy

Resolved [RESOLVED] The best Hard Drive Utility

What I would like is a hard drive utlity for all manufactors of hdd...I tired of carrying around 15 different diskettes with this program and that program...I would like to have a program that will Low Level Format every drive, install a drive overlay program if need be, a quik partition maker and a quick format utility built on to one floppy diskette...(samsung, IBM, fuji, Maxtor, Quantum (the same I know), etc.

Does anybody know of any program like this?...ONE DISK UTILITY...for all drives!

Because I setup so many machine, I require one diskette hard drive setup program.

If anybody know of such a program that exists let me know .....THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

------------------
    "GOOD 2 GO"

I have a diskette that contains DiskManager, and Spinrite. The only two you need.

------------------
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! Jim & Sue's Free Files | Jim's Modems | [email protected]
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]

Doesn't the non-proprietary version of EZ-Drive do just that? I think it's sold by Microhouse.

------------------
    A mind is a terrible thing to baste... I find marinating it with beer is much less terrible.
    Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun!
    -Ashley J. Williams

Jim,
    Where can I find Spinrite and how much does it cost?

BTW, love your website!! Found the newest Rockwell/Conexant HCF modem drivers there for Win ME when I couldn't find them any where else. Used them on a $5 driverless Compaq modem I found at a yard sale.
    Thanks man!!

------------------
    A mind is a terrible thing to baste... I find marinating it with beer is much less terrible.
    Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun!
    -Ashley J. Williams

gmiller220

You can get spinrite here but you have to pay for it.
    Like Marko said you can buy Ez-Drive and use it on every HD out there. You can get Ez-drive here

------------------
    Boy, I'm tired of being right.

I usually have Spinrite, and a Partition Magic Boot disk. That's all I really need.
    Partition Magic can be a god sent sometimes, but I never go far without a Spinrite disk!

------------------
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...