Asus A7V and mouse problems

Thread: Asus A7V and mouse problems

Post Asus A7V and mouse problems

I installed an Asus A7V and a T-Bird 900 for a buddy of mine, and he had all sorts of problems with it. I updated the BIOS (to 1005C, though I cannot remember for sure). The flash worked fine and most of the problems were solved. However, not quite every other time he restarts the machine, the mouse does not work. It is the same no matter the mouse, and all the mice work on other machines. The mouse detects, but just sits there. If you reboot, the mouse works fine until you reboot again. I have tested all his hardware (sound, video, hdd, etc.) in other machines, and they work fine. He insists on using ME, so I have not been able to test the OS, and I only have 1 Asus A7V to work with, so I cannot swap boards out. Bad board or OS/driver issue?

mahdi

Certainlly sounds like a driver problem, was this an install on ME? I assume but will ask anyway...do you have the latest drivers for the mouse? Is it a PS/2, USB or AT mouse? I was able to find that this would happen on a Hewlett-Packard (HP) Brio BA400 after hybernation mode with ME using a logitch mouse...with that that only say to update the mouse driver.

b4uc1i81

I run my A7V with a scroll wheel mouse on ME, I haven't got any problems. Check in the BIOS if it has an option for P/S2 mouse support.

Yep. Was a new full install of ME. The mouse is P/S2 (so were the other two). I never loaded any mouse drivers for any of the mice, but never had to with any other machine either.

iamyourtech

try loading 98 and see if you get the same problem with mouse...or you could try changing the irq interpt in the device manager..or just peak to see if there are any conflicts

J_Man

Just humour us all and install the latest Intelli point software.

------------------
    <<< Sh!t happens >>>

ok. I'll try the drivers first, and barring that, I'll try 98se. Soon as I get it done (probably this weekend), I'll let you know.

Ok guys, here is the update. I installed the mouse drivers, made no difference. I formatted and installed Win98SE, and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for all the help.

mahdi

So, it turns out to be a WinME problem? huh, did you check the IRQ's for conflicts before installing Win98? oh well, those wacky Microsoft people

Yup, I had checked and there were no conflicts whatsoever. Oh, well.