CDRW change over

Thread: CDRW change over

Post CDRW change over

Hewlett Packard CD-Writer Plus 8200 Series. It reads fine, but wont write. Can I change it with any other IDE burner. It connects with USB and sits in a external case. What do you think?

I was able to do this with a USB QUE! drive i got from a friend because it didn't work. I also found I could put any IDE device in the enclosure, install the USB driver and it would work. I've had Hard drives, Zip drives and even a DVD function in the enclosure. I would imagine you would too, but there's only one way to make sure..........
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

Just remember the standard disclaimer, you will void any manufacturer warranty when you do this.

As a last resort, you may want to call HP technical support ::shudder::.
    Good old NetWare 3.11... if only modern O/Ss were made of the same stuff. Forget Windows 2000 for 99.999% uptime, this one had it ten years ago.

Depending on how long ago you got it HP may just replace it for you. Sometimes even the retailer who sold it will take it back under the manufactuers warranty.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush