Recycle bin not Recycling

Thread: Recycle bin not Recycling

Post Recycle bin not Recycling

I have a Compaq Laptop that when something is deleted it doesn't send it to the recycle bin, it deletes it permantely. I have checked the Recycle Bin properties and the "Do not send files to the Recycle Bin" is unchecked, I also set the percentage up to 20% to use Recycle Bin. There is over 15GB unused space.

Without knowing the OS I had to guess. This article describes a problem with a damaged or deleted INFO file. Check it out: <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q136517" target="_blank">How the Recycle Bin Stores Files (Q136517)</a>

In NT there is also the long file extension issue, that is corrected with SP6a I am sure: <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q158439" target="_blank">Files with Long Extensions Bypass the Recycle Bin When Deleted (Q158439)</a>

Also, if you hold shift when deleting, it will bypass the recycle bin. You are probably not using that though...

That is all that I can come up with, Next>>>

Windows ME is the OS

speaking of the shift key, make sure that there is no keyboard defect (the keyboard may be stuck, or otherwise sending the shift command). I've seen this happen before.

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Have you tried going back to a previous restore point or possibly if all else fails doing an overlay...
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!