New AMd

Thread: New AMd

Red face New AMd

I have a AMD 1700 on a 867As Via kt266 MB. The problem is i get no sound from the Cd player. I have cable correctly on and the cd player starts and looks like its running the CD. The counter is moving. I have sound throu the speakers, but can't play CD's. Anyone got on idea. The machine is running win98se

Have you enabled the output in the sound panel? Double click on the speaker icon in your taskbar. Make sure CD Audio is checked off and that the volume is up.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Thumbs down

There is no speaker icon in the right corner. I have went to control and uninstalled and reinstalled .. no speaker.. no cd playing...
    There is one other thing that is funny, when i start the machine i get a message saying Emm386 Driver not installed. It's in the config and i have removed and copied a new emm386. Wierd

-----------------------
    "As God is my witness, I'm learning to walk and get the hell outa here!"

[quote]Originally posted by csssteve:
    <strong>I have a AMD 1700 on a 867As Via kt266 MB. The problem is i get no sound from the Cd player. I have cable correctly on and the cd player starts and looks like its running the CD. The counter is moving. I have sound throu the speakers, but can't play CD's. Anyone got on idea. The machine is running win98se</strong><hr></blockquote>

go to..

Control panel --> Multimedia --> Show volume control on taskbar. This should be checked off. also make sure that your audio is installed properly.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Question

I have the speaker icon, the cd is not marked mute. It still won't play. This board has intergreted sound, but installed at PC128 card instead. Never did load the sound drivers for the onboard one, disable it.

Banned

you say you have sounds thru your speakers ? the default windoze noises ,,,then your s/card is working is your cd lead plugged into the correct set of pins on the s/card ? go to volume control and go to advanced (9x) and enable all the hidden ones , you may have the lead plugged into a modem/other set of pins.

have you got 2 CDs if so and both leads are connected you may have probs

Red face

Yep, have the wire correct. Every option is on.
    One more things that weird. Media player 7.1 locks up every time i try and use it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from a fresh download.

Cool

thanks guys... Wire problem.. dud....